Friday, August 13, 2010

Romper: Rad or Ridiculous?


About a year or so ago, the Romper (or playsuit as it was called) came back in style after its first introduction in the 40s and 50s.
Now those look cute and retro but their modern alternatives have me hesitating.

The first one has me worried that some poor unsuspecting person could have their ENTIRE outfit pulled off by accident. The second one would be a cute skirt or a cute top... but both....? The third one is actually ok if you don't mind your shirt looking like its tucked in.

They aren't really that bad, but something about them just doesn't sit right. Maybe its because they remind me of when I was a little girl, we used to were these things called short-alls.
They were super comfy and super ugly.

Or maybe its just because its so ingrained in me that your top and bottom should not be made out of the exact same material.
See? Its just not workin' for anyone.

Or maybe its the name itself that bothers me... I mean this is also a romper...
Rompers: Hit or Miss?
ummmm idk know about you but I'm leaning towards a MISS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top set of Rompers are cute, if you can pull them off. I couldn't, but to those girls who can- props to them!

Riley said...

Rompers... should be for babies only.

Elani said...

The illustration of the retro ones is soooo much cuter than any of the real ones! Maybe a hit in the pass, a miss now.